httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Irmund Thum" <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>
Subject Re: Help needed setting up SSI
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 07:22:02 GMT
Bryan Coon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Apache 1.3.20 on Linux RedHat 7.2, compiled with mod_perl,
> mod_php, and mod_ssl.  I did not specifically request that mod_include be
> compiled as the documentation states that it is in the default compilation.
>
> I was trying to get Server Side Includes to work, but am not having any
> luck.  I would like to use the XBitHack method instead of the AddHandler ...
> .shtml.
>
> I added the following line to my httpd.conf file in my < Directory
> "/home/htdocs" > context just after the Options line:
> XBitHack on
>
> I changed the Options line to:
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
>
> and then restarted Apache.
>
> The test html file I was using was htdocs/test.html, with the execute bit
> set on, and was very simple:
> Date: <!-- #echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->
>
> But I never see the date.  I have tried placing the XBitHack on line all
> over the place, but no results...

I guess you're not using a white font color :-
so
1) AddHandler server-parsed shtml
(or html - performance!) or 2 lines must be set
2) for directories with SSI enabled add Options +Include
this seems to be done for the whole Server, but you can do also
<Location /ssi/*.html>
Options +Includes
SetHandler server-parsed
XBitHack full
</Location>
3) For XBitHack on - the user execute bit on the file must be set and
for full the user + group exec bit
***
full is like on, except that Apache sends a Last Modified Header for a
SSI document what makes proxy caching available
--
_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum
|  |