httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Apache server won''t accept connections from remote computers...
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:08:40 GMT
R J wrote:

> Nmap shows the server is up;
> here's the server ip: 64.180.83.186
>
> Connections work from another computer in my local network, but not from a
> computer at my school, which is the only other one I've tested it on.

Your server is working on the public internet on the address you give.

- Are you typing in the IP address into the client computer (if so, and
it "doesn't work" then the problem is with internet access on the
client).

- Are you typing in a domain-name into the client computer (if so, and
it "doesn't work" then the problem is either:
	- the client has no access to DNS (do other sites work?)
	- your server is not defined in DNS (what is your domain-name?).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.