httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Allow_Referer
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 01:59:58 GMT

> From: Graham White [mailto:graham@bravenet.com]
>
> 	I have an associate who has recently changed ip's, I have
> him setup so that
> he can access a directory on my apache server using the allow_referer
> directive. With his previous ip's he had no problem connecting
> but now that
> they have changed he can't connect. The error log shows client denied by
> server configuration. His domain name hasn't changed, the only thing that
> has changed is his ip's which I have added to be allowed. I've also tried
> addding the router ip that he is behind. Our firewall hasn't changed. DNS
> doesn't appear to be an issue as I can resolve his new ip's to his domain
> name with no problem.
> 	The apache config hasn't changed in any other way so I am a
> bit mystified.
> Any suggestions? I imagine there is a way to log with more details so any
> links would be appreciated. Thanks.

To start, there is no "allow_referer" directive in the base apache, so it
would be helpful to clarify what you doing here.  You can do this using
SetEnvIf and "Allow from env=".  Is that what you are doing?

Please post the exact relevant excerpt of httpd.conf along with the exact
lines from the access_log.

Joshua.