httpd-users mailing list archives

From "DON KENDRICK" <dmv...@dmv.state.va.us>
Subject Directory level access using Radius, TACACS, SecurID
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:24:26 GMT
Hi all,

Trying to get an OpenBSD 3.0 box with Apache 1.3.22 running and I'm needing to do directory
level access. I need authentication to go through SecurID but I can get to SecurID via SecurID,
Radius, or TACACS.

I need to authenticate the user and then use the "require" in .htaccess to specify the user
so that user jsmith has access to /docroot/jsmith and user bjones has access to /docroot/bjones.

Here what I've run up against:

1. mod_radius seems to only return successful authentication or not. That is "require valid-user"
seems to be what is happening even if I put in "require bjones"

2. Haven't tried mod_tacacs yet but the docs look like it will also only use "valid-user"

3. SecurID isn't supported on OpenBSD, I tried to tweak another platform's SecurID files but
thats a long road. I can move over to Linux if I have to but don't want to and I'm not sure
that mod_securid will do any better.

Any ideas? I'm not a Apache expert so be gentle :)

Don

Don Kendrick, CNE, CCNA, GCIA, CISSP
Director of Security Architectures
Virginia DMV