httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ronald M" <Rynex-Associa...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: mod_perl: Cannot load ...
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:28:54 GMT
Hi, Robert!
Have you solved you problem yet?
If not let me know cause I do faced a problem similar to yours
And im on a win2000 server, and you are on a winXP so maybe I can help
you out, let me know ok?

Cheers

Ronald

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Andersson [mailto:robert@profundis.nu]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 2:27 AM
To: Apache User-List
Subject: mod_perl: Cannot load ...

Hello all,

I've just managed to get hold of mod_perl for Apache 2, and tried to get
it
working. The problem is that the server won't start anymore, but just
spits
out this message:

Syntax error on line 172 of G:/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load G:/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: The
specified module could not be found.

Now, I can asure you that it really is there. I tried to give another
module
the exact name of mod_perl, and Apache then, as expected, tells me that
it
can't locate the API module structure etc...

I have Apache 2.0.36 on Windows XP, and not much extra than PHP 4.2.1.
Besides this I have ActiveState's Perl 5.6.1.332.
I installed mod_perl by following the instructions on:
http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/docs/1.0/win32/bina
ries
.html
That is, I installed mod_perl by using ppm, adding this line:
...to httpd.conf, and restarted. But no; it's something it doesn't like.

Somewhat confusing is that, on the page mentioned above, they tell us:
"For the adventuresome who want a taste of things to come, a
mod_perl-2.0/Apache-2.0 binary distribution based on cvs sources is
available from ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/Apache2.tar.gz. See
the
accompanying Apache2.readme file in this directory for more details. Be
aware though that, being a pre-release version, bugs are most likely
present"
As some suggested one should use the module included in this release I
did
so, but then Apache says that the module isn't compatible with this
version
of Apache.

If anyone knows what is going on here, or can point to what I do wrong,
please let me know!

Regards,
Robert Andersson