httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Hsiang" <chsi...@ivivos.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2 and mod_ssl on Win32
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:56:28 GMT

Yeah... Apache2 for win32 does not work with SSLPassPhraseDialog which
give 3 days headache, in the end I simply just remove the passphrase
from the private key

Chris Hsiang
Intervivos LLC

From: Steve Parrish [mailto:Steve@NetWorldSystems.com]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 9:06 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache 2 and mod_ssl on Win32

I had no problem compiling Apache 2.0.36/OpenSSL 0.9.6/zlib with
VS.net on XP. I followed the instructions in the Apache docs. I'm
surprised they worked so good! Follow the command line build
instructions and you should be ok.

The only trouble I had was with setting up OpenSSL for generating
certs. And the SSLPassPhraseDialog (mod_ssl) doesn't work on Win32,
so private keys must either a) have no passphrase or b) be
unencrypted.

HIH,

Steve Parrish
--