httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: compiling PHP
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:40:19 GMT
  Question:  Did you reboot or logout/log back in between removing
  apache and php?  Not sure if it is relevent or not, but I am
  suspicious that configure/libtool assumed a library existed in the
  environment that was not loaded.  This could explain the segfault.

  Out of curiosity, I ran ldd on /usr/bin/tee and note that libc.so.6
  and ld-linux.so.2 are dynamically linked to it.  This is pure
  guesswork on my part, but I wonder if configure/libtool retained
  pointers to a loaded instance of libc.so.6 that no longer existed
  in memory.  Using tee forced the load of libc.so.6 and allowed the
  pointers to resolve correctly.

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 02:35, abdel.ramli@mpsa.com wrote:

> Well, what a strange thing ?!
>
> It was absolutely not possible to configure PHP because of the libtool
> error specified.
>
> I just thought of capturing the configure.LOG in a file to check what's
> going on.
>
> And surprise ! : just because I added to my configure :
>      | tee configure.LOG
>
> It worked !!!
>
> I tried without the tee again and : Libtool error
> with tee it works .
>
> Can anyone lighten this for us ?
>
> Thanx
>

> ____________________________________
> Abdel RAMLI
> abdel.ramli@mpsa.com
> Consultant Altaïr Technologies
> PSA Peugeot Citroën | site de Bessoncourt
> Unité: DINQ/DSIN/INSI/ETSO/PRD
> Tel : 03 84 46 92 79 (229279)
>

>                     Lee Fellows

>                     <lfellows@4lan       Pour :  users@httpd.apache.org