httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Reverse Proxy munges chars
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:26:48 GMT
>Hi All,
>I'm trying to use Apache as a reverse proxy, allowing users to view a
>site through the proxy:
>ProxyPass /
>http://remote_server.otherdomain.com:7777/servlet?config=true
>
>It almost works.  When apache requests the new URL however, it is
>replacing the ? with %3F, which is failing on
>remote_server.otherdomain.com .
>
>How do I make apache pass the "?" as-is, instead of converting it to
>"%3F" before requesting it from remote_server.otherdomain.com?

I'm not sure you can do this. Characters after the "?" are not part of the URL. Since there
is nothing conditional on the LHS of the mapping, why not make "config=true" the default in
your servlet then you can use the simpler rule:

	ProxyPass / http://remote_server.otherdomain.com:7777/servlet

Rgds,

Owen Boyle