httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Messer" <rmes...@onebox.com>
Subject Extra numerical headers with mod_proxy and 1.3.24
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:51:44 GMT
I have a web server running 2 httpd servers: one for regular documents
and images, and one for mod_perl.  This is a common set up for mod_perl
and works well.  The httpd_docs server sends requests to the httpd_perl
server using mod_proxy.

However, I recently upgraded to apache 1.3.24 and I seem to be getting
extra headers in my pages.  For example, if I do this:

telnet my.host.com 80
> GET /scripts/test.pl HTTP/1.1
> Host: my.host.com

The server returns something like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:44:13 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

122
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html
        PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd">
Do
cument</title>
0

The numbers at the top and bottom (122 and 0 in this example) vary depending
on the page retrieved.  My question is, what are these headers and how
do I get rid of them?  They are ignored by some browser but on Netscape
4.7 for example they actually show up on the page.  This never happened
with my prior version of apache, 1.3.12.

If anyone has any thoughts or can point me in the right direction I would
appreciate it.  Thank you,

Rob