httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Damian Colden" <damian.col...@housing-solutions.com>
Subject RE: Redirecting URLS to a Specific CGI Script
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:07:20 GMT
On 15 Jun 2002, Dmitry Medvedev scribbled this about Re: Redirecting URL to
Specific CGI Script:

> No no! I did not mean this. I meant that you should make something
> like:
>
> <VirtualHost your.vhost.name>
> // other settings
>   DocumentRoot /whatever.dir.you.want.it.does.not.matter
>   DirectoryIndex /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/sqwebmail
> // other settings
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Try this and please tell if all's ok or otherwise. :-(

I created the following entry in my httpd.conf file. Saved the file, stopped
Apache and restarted Apache and still no luck. Maybe it is my syntax or
something.

<VirtualHost 65.196.249.69>
DocumentRoot /usr/home/execfarms/htdocs
ServerName mail.executivefarms.com
Alias /sqwebmail/ /usr/local/www/data/sqwebmail/
Alias /images/qmailadmin/ /usr/local/www/data/images/qmailadmin/
DirectoryIndex /usr/local/cgi-bin/sqwebmail
</VirtualHost>

When I type http://mail.executivefarms.com into the Location box of my
browser I get the file http://www.asham.org/index.html. ASHAM.ORG is the
first virtual host in my VH list.

Thanks for your assistance and patience.

Damian Colden, P.E.
Colden & Associates
5376 McCandlish Road Suite 101
Grand Blanc, MI 48439