httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stimac, Chris" <csti...@enporion.com>
Subject Can't load mod_jk.dll into server...
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:08:50 GMT
Win 2K
Apache v2.0.36
Tomcat v3.3.1

Both Apache and Tomcat work fine independently (verified by checking localhost and localhost:8080
in browser).

I'm using the mod_jk.conf that was auto-generated by Tomcat, renamed to mod_jk_my.conf and
placed in Tomcat's conf dir.  Have my include statement referencing this mod_jk_my_conf at
the end of httpd.conf.  I've placed the mod_jk.dll file into the modules dir under Apache2.
 I d'loaded the mod_jk.dll for Tomcat 3.3.

I've tracked the specific error message down in my Windows Event Viewer/Application Log.
Msg is:
>>> Cannot load C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\./modules/mod_jk.dll into server:
The specified module could not be found.     .

I'm guessing the "\./" part is screwing things up.

The exact line from the mod_jk_my.conf file is:
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll

I've tried every permutation of /'s, \'s, and "'s that I can think of.  I've tried using an
absolute path entirely in quotes.  I've tried changing the path in the LoadModule statement
and relocating the mod_jk file.  I've also tried placing the LoadModule statement directly
in my httpd.conf file.

I've searched thru all of the docs on Tomcat, Apache, the mailing list archives and google.
Do these two versions even work with each other???  Should I not be using mod_jk.dll???

This is really driving me freakin nuts.  Please tell me I'm missing something really stupid
and obvious.
CRS

The information contained in this communication may be privileged and confidential and protected
from disclosure.  It is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and others authorized to receive it.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately, and then delete/destroy this document.