httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Albl, Thomas" <thomas.a...@staedtetag.de>
Subject Q: How to include the allow statement in access.conf?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:23:03 GMT
Hi list,

I have a Site protected by Basic Auth using a passwordfile. By now there a
several clients which use a fix IP-Adress which I added like

order deny,allow
# Router Home, City1, City2, City3
allow from V1.W1.X1.Y1 V2.W2.X2.Y2 V3.W3.X3.Y3

By the way I've protected about 12 Directorys in this way it is not smart to
add 15 times an IP-Adress if a new member with a fix IP-Adress want to have
access in the 12 areas. So I tested a "include
/usr/local/apache/conf/includefile.conf" in which I add a new IP-Adress only
once, but surprise surprise - apache don't want me to do that :)

Any suggestions to solve this problem? Or another (better - sure) way to
manage this?

TIA
Thomas Albl

--