httpd-users mailing list archives

From "K a z" <ikaz...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: 3 days of mod_rewrite madness - please help?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 06:42:20 GMT

>>mod_proxy is enabled in the build. But this still doesnt seem to be
>>working. Do I have to enable mod_proxy in the httpd.conf for this to work?
>

>If mod_proxy is statically compiled (listed in "httpd -l"), then you don't
>need anything in httpd.conf.  If mod_proxy is a DSO, then you need a
>LoadModule line.
>
>If that doesn't solve your problem, please use the RewriteLog to figure out
>what is going on, and be more specific about what "doesn't seem to be
>working" means.
>
>JOshua.

The rewrite log looks ok I think:

strip per-dir prefix: /path/to/site-one.com/foo/bar.cgi -> bar.cgi

applying pattern '^bar\.cgi$' to uri 'bar.cgi'

rewrite bar.cgi -> http://www.site-two.com/footwo/bar.cgi

forcing proxy-throughput with http://www.site-two.com/footwo/bar.cgi

go-ahead with proxy request proxy:http://www.site-two.com/footwo/bar.cgi
[OK]

In the apache error_log I get:
[Thu Jun 13 23:28:06 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: file
permissions deny server access: proxy:http://www.site-two.com/footwo/bar.cgi

each time I try to access http://www.site-one.com/foo/bar.cgi
But all of the permissions look fine. I can hit
http://www.site-two/footwo/bar.cgi and it will come up fine.

(Sorry for masking domains, etc, I don't like display domains of stuff I'm
working on when I don't know exactaly what I'm doing or what I might have
opened myself up to. It's just a good security practice.)