httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter" <pgog...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting up apache
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 12:29:16 GMT
I have a small network at home consisting of a win98 machine, a WinNT
machine and a Redhat 7.1 linux machine.

I have apache web servers running on each.

The names and ip addresses of the machines are:

peterglinux 10.0.0.1
pegerg2 10.0.0.2
petergnt1 10.0.0.3

I have the following accesses:

ping:
10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.2 and vice versa
10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.3 and vice versa
10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.3 and vice versa

peterg2 to petergnt1 and vice versa.
peterg2 to peterglinux  and vice versa fails
petergnt1 to peterglinux and vice versa fails

Netscape:
Netscape on Linux can access 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3
Netscate on linux to 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 fails
Netscape on Linux fails to peterg2 and petergnt1

Netscape on peterg2 (win 98) to 10.0.0.3 succeeds
Netscape on peterg2 (win 98) to 10.0.0.2 succeeds
Netscape on peterg2 (win 98) to petergnt1 succeeds
Netscape on peterg2 (win 98) to peterg2 succeeds

Can anyone give me an indication of where I should look for the problem
which is preventing the Linux apache server being seen by the win boxes?

The versions of apache are all 1.3.26.

Regards

Peter Goggin

---