httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin French <jus...@indent.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] setting SSL up on my local test server for development purposes
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:31:49 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking for a tutorial/article/advice on how to go about setting up SSL
on my local office development server (FreeBSD, Apache 1.3x, PHP4, MySQL
3.32).  I don't particularly want to get a certificate for it... I just want
to be able to test SSL and https:// stuff locally during development THEN
upload to the live server.

Generally speaking, the server is very low traffic (me & one other developer
viewing it over the LAN, and occasionally a client looking at it over the
web).

Is it just a case of "flicking a switch" in the httpd.conf and restarting,
or more complex?

Thanks,

Justin French