httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Rose" <cr...@webzonic.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Redirecting by language with .htaccess
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 01:01:05 GMT
Thanks I'll give this a try and see what the log shows.

Much appreciated

Craig Rose
Web-Zonic, Inc.
http://www.webzonic.com

distribution is prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 5:13 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Redirecting by languare with .htaccess

Craig Rose wrote:

> Have all the brousers that are "en" enabled stay at my site.
> All the ones that are "it" enabled to go to a different page on my site
> All the ones that are "de" enabled to go to another different page on my
> site
> And the remainder redirect to a completely different site.
>
> This is what I wrote, but it does not work.
>
> RewriteEngine on
> Options +FollowSymlinks
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} !^en [NC]
> RewriteRule ^(.it) http://www.mysite.com/o.php?site=coolpp.com
> RewriteRule ^(.de) http://www.mysite.com/o.php?site=onlineexit.com
> RewriteRule ^(.*) http://php.adifferentsite.com/activex.php?u=referal
>
> Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or make any recomendations?

RewriteRule's match URL-Paths, and nothing else.

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} !en [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} it [NC]
RewriteRule .* http://www.mysite.com/o.php?site=coolpp.com [R,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} !en [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} de [NC]
RewriteRule .* http://www.mysite.com/o.php?site=onlineexit.com [R,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} !en [NC]
RewriteRule .* http://php.adifferentsite.com/activex.php?u=referal

Use the RewriteLog to see exactly what is working and what isn't.

Joshua.