httpd-users mailing list archives

From "sam k tan" <sam.k....@sun.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache with LDAP on Solaris
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:57:26 GMT
Sorry, try s/SSL/LDAP/g. :-)

That should read "can't find any LDAP libraries."

-----Original Message-----
From: Zac Stevens [mailto:zts@cryptocracy.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 December 2002 6:07 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache with LDAP on Solaris

Hi Sam,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 05:57:13PM +0800, sam k tan wrote:
> I am trying to build Apache with the --with-ldap option but I keep
> getting the error message that it can't find any SSL libraries. I have

> verified that the file libldap.so exists in /usr/lib, and I tried
> setting LDFLAGS to '-L/usr/lib' but nothing seems to help.
>
> Can anyone give me any clues?

What was the exact error message?  SSL is 'Secure Sockets Layer', and
isn't directly involved with LDAP (although the two can be used
together). Installing OpenSSL will satisfy that dependancy.

I wasn't aware that SSL was required for LDAP support (though it may
well be), but if you'd like to consider that angle you'll need to
include the full list of configure arguments, and the end of the
configure output (where the failure occurs).

Zac