httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jordan Thompson" <Jor...@ThompCo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] confused with directory permissions
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 02:02:41 GMT
> > WAITASEC... I guess I didn't hit refresh - Now, when I try to access the
> > directory, I get an Internal Server Error.  This is a little better...
My log says:
[Sun Dec  1 16:20:17 2002] [alert] [client 192.168.1.1]
/var/www/html/viasat/.htaccess: AuthName not allowed here

What does this mean?

Here is my .htaccess file:
AuthName "ViaSat Downloads"
  AuthType Basic
  AuthUserFile /var/www/httpd/viasat.users

  require valid-user

I dug a little more and found my access.conf.  I added the line:
AllowOverride AthConfig

It still does not prompt me for a username/password when I try to access the
directory with the .htaccess file (it just gives me the internal server
error above.)

thanks,
Jordan