httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alain Fauconnet <al...@cscoms.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: chrooted cgi-bin
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:04:47 GMT
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:49:29AM -0600, Chuck Pierce wrote:
> btw, when you are setting up loopback filesystem mounts are you setting up nfs
> mounts?!?!  Wouldn't that take up a BUNCH more memory that just doing "ln -h
> /home/chroot_usr /home/somedomain.com/usr"?

Loopback != NFS. Call this 'local file system' (lofs) if you live in a
Solaris world. AFAIK they seem to use very little memory.

The users home directories and the base of the chrooted bin, dev,  lib
etc. live in two separate filesystems, so a hard link just won't  work
in my case. Also, users can delete hard  links  and  thus  screw  their
environment. They can't delete mounted lofs mount points.

_Alain_