httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Berwald <m_berw...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] "Virtural Directories" in Apache
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:20:09 GMT
I recently installed Apache 1.3 on my Win2k machine. I
have a php file that is in my /htdocs/phrame/ext/
directory. This php file includes a file that is in
the /htdocs/phrame_examples/hello/views/ directory.
Unfortuantly it is throwing an error:

Warning: Cannot open file 'c:/program files/apache
group/apache/views/index.xsl' in c:\program
files\apache group\apache\htdocs\phrame\ext\Xml.php on
line 160.

The problem is that the file trying to be included is
located in 'c:/program files/apache
group/apache/phrame_examples/hello/views/index.xsl'
but Apache is looking for the file 'c:/program
files/apache group/apache/views/index.xsl'.

The code works on my Linux machine and on my Win2k
w/IIS machine.  But to make it work with IIS, I had to
add IIS virtual directories pointing to
phrame_examples/ and then to hello/.  That's why I
think it has something to do with a configuration in
Apache instead of on the PHP side. Unfortuantly, we
have little experience with Apache and Windows.

This code is from the Phrame project that Texas Tech's
Software Development group (who I work for) developed.

This error orignially came from a user trying to
implement the code on his Win2k w/Apache machine. We
were able to reproduce the error and haven't been able
to figure it out yet.

I have searched the web for and answere and tried
using the <Directory /> feature but either I'm using
it incorrectly or I am going at it all wrong. I hope
I've explained my problem clearly. Thanks for any
help.

      -Matt