httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] confused with directory permissions
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:41:42 GMT
Jordan Thompson wrote:
> WAITASEC... I guess I didn't hit refresh - Now, when I try to access the
> directory, I get an Internal Server Error.  This is a little better...  Here
> is my .htaccess file:

What directory is giving you the error?  I didn't know you were also
doing authentication.  You'll probably want to change your AllowOverride
to "All" or include "Auth" with the "Options".

Anyway the best thing to do when you see a server error is to look at
the error log.  I don't know where it is on your machine, you can look
in the httpd.conf.  When you find it, "tail error_log" will give you the
last few lines.

--
Chris