httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.0.43 on HP-UX 11.00
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:41:11 GMT
<head>
 content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15">
  <title></title>
</head>
hi<br>
Laurent Blume wrote:<br>
shlibtool. you might  take a look at the release notes &amp; see if there's
any mention of  requiring a custom built libtool for hp (though we're not
facing this). <br>
Yes, it's definitely shlibtool that fails. I checked the compilation  output,
all the libtool calls (static linking) succeed, while the first  shlibtool
call (shared) fails. <br>
If I modify this shlibtool for static, it passes. <br>
I got libtool 1.4.3 from gnu.org, checked there have been some HP-UX  shared
libraries bugs corrected since version 1.4, compiled it, and put  it first
in the PATH, but it seems the apr configure script forces the  use of its
own included libtool 1.3.4. <br>
i think you need to run buildconf to pick up the right libtools. one of the
apache contributors posted about tweaking the libtool on AIX: <br>
 Running ./buildconf is <b>extremely important</b>.  The libtool  distributed
with Apache 2.0 does not work on AIX, so you need to do ./buildconf to pick
up the libtool you installed.<br>
see: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.apache.org/~trawick/apache-2-on-aix.html">http://www.apache.org/~trawick/apache-2-on-aix.html</a><br>
cheers,<br>
andy <br>