httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Mod_Proxy
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:52:36 GMT
What do you mean exactly by "it fails"?

Does the client get a 404 or 500 or timeout or what?
Do you get anything in the proxy access or error logs?
Do you get anything in the internal server logs?

I'm not sure about your ProxyPass arguments. If the client requests
http://yourserver/, he will get http://10.222.51.2/login which is
probably what you want, but if the client requests
http://yourserver/banana, the proxy will request
http://10.222.51.2/login/banana - will this make sense to the internal
server? I think not - if "login" is a CGI or file... (ProxyPass maps a
path on the outside to a URL on the inside).

Thinking laterally, all this talk of VPNs and webmail also has me
worried - are there any authentication or encryption protocols running
which might not get through the proxy?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.