httpd-users mailing list archives

From gjmwa...@netscape.net (George Walsh)
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 + ssl + mod_perl from Mandrake ProSuite Server 9.0
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 02:54:19 GMT

I have been doing considerable development with Mandrake Linux over the past year. The system
has its own <working> bind/DNS and sendmail services. Rather than confuse the issue
with Apache1 and Apache2, I have the 'luxury' of installing the web server from the get-go,
so there is no conflict or overlap.

Now it is time to fire up the web server to 'see what I am doing'.

Once I located the server files under the ADVX layout scheme, I found no fewer than 8 .conf
files in /etc/httpd/conf for my convenience; commonhttpd, highperformance, highperformance-std,
httpd2, httpd2-perl, httpd-std, ssl and ssl-std.

Merciful heavens!

After years of essentially a single conf file with Apache1, I am a little dizzy. Is there
a 'roadmap' I can use to guide myself through the morass, remembering that I will want mod_ssl
and mod_perl (already in place) to become embedded or wrapped up with Apache before the virtual
hosts are established. If mod_perl can be added as a DSO, so much the better, because I do
not have heavy traffic load problems to deal with during the development stages for the project.

--
George Walsh,
Managing Director,