httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [users@httpd] OT Answering mail--without causing pain
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 08:34:36 GMT
The mail kinda stacked up over turkey-day.  Oh, the pain.  Trying to
follow trains of thought in many of the threads was not pleasant.

There are tried and true methods of citing, quoting, and replying to
email that make a thread easy to follow.  Unfortunately, there are a
large number of newbies to email-list protocols and etiquette who have
never had the opportunity to learn them.  For this reason I shall open
myself to vituperation and scorn by posting the following URL:

	http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html.

I urge everyone, and that includes the old-timers, to update and upgrade
their habits.  This admonition (thanks, Baloo) was made on another list,
and I was chagrinned to realize that I was not perfect. I had got
sloppy, in fact.  Please join me in trying to improve our readability.

Cheers
--
gt                                           kk5st@sbcglobal.net
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving