httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and Flash
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 23:04:08 GMT
Steven Pierce wrote:
>Alex Togstad wrote:  <-- added, gt

<snip>
>> I just want to see if I'm able to even go to your site. It *migh* be my crappy
>>attbi dns servers tho.

Alex, you might try running traceroute and ping to test the net.

>Alex,
>
>It is not you, it is the site.  I went to the site also, and it was coming up blank.

>I looked at the code on the site, and it is does not have much on it.

I've looked at the site before, so DNS cache is probably alive.  After
clearing the page cache, a get took about 0.6 sec.  A subsequent get to
217.42.49.139 takes about 0.38 sec, and the reload about 0.33 sec.  So
the site seems OK.

For the most part, I consider frames and flash a PITA.  This page isn't
bad, though.

--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---