httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Barrett" <jnjbarr...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Little more help
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 04:07:14 GMT
this is Ben again with that router problem.  I read through the manual, and
I'm still stuck.  What you said doesn't work, so I'm doin it the lazy way.
I took screenshots of the options and put them on my mail account at
http://www.yahoo.com .  Please look at them and tell me what I need to do.
I'm a Java programmer, barely able to program HTTP stuff or anything else
server related.  Please please go check!
Username : benbarrett777
Password : car
I dun care if I just gave my password away to millions of people lol

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Valpak" <gvalpak@yahoo.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Little more help

> Where it says Ext port, you put your external IP address and the port
apache listens on, probably 80.
> Where it says internal, you put the internal ip address, and the port
apache listens on, probably 80

> the idea is that when a request arrives at the router on the external
address/port, it does a NAT (Network Address Translation) to the internal
address/port, then does the reverse on any traffic going out.

> Be sure if you have a firewall config'd on the internal machine, that it
lets traffic on the port apache wants to listen to pass through in both
directions. In fact, if the router has firewall options, make sure it is
letting that port though also.

> GV
>

> At 07:15 PM 2/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hi, this is Ben, the guy whose problem you solved like 5 min ago.  (the
guy
> >with the router)  I looked at the forwarding part and I'm confused still.
> >I'll just tell ya what it says "Ext.Port - (blank) To (blank) : Protocol
TCP