httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Valpak <gval...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Little more help
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:33:49 GMT
Where it says Ext port, you put your external IP address and the port apache listens on, probably
80.
Where it says internal, you put the internal ip address, and the port apache listens on, probably
80

the idea is that when a request arrives at the router on the external address/port, it does
a NAT (Network Address Translation) to the internal address/port, then does the reverse on
any traffic going out.

Be sure if you have a firewall config'd on the internal machine, that it lets traffic on the
port apache wants to listen to pass through in both directions. In fact, if the router has
firewall options, make sure it is letting that port though also.

GV