httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Individual . ." <individ...@mi.cl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] /etc/httpd/conf/ vs /usr/local/apache2/conf/
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 22:31:07 GMT

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 07:19 AM, Xing guo Chen wrote:

> I have 2 conf files exists in my Redhat 8.0 box.
> one is under /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> and another is on /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
>

> which one should I modify? I tried both. webserver is up and run. but I
> could connect to server.

I have a simple suggestion, though it is probably very inelegant and
not the best way.

Make a backup of both httpd.conf files somewhere safe.

Edit one of them, and fill it with garbage, or just type nonsense, or
write something that should not be there.

As root, type apachectl configtest.

If all is well, then you know that it is not using the one you messed
up.

Paul