httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26 Virtual host question
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:27:20 GMT
Hi Michal,

First of all, you are using X system (Linux/Unix and etc.), which means that
you have to define the right permissions on the root dir and it's
sub-directories, then you have to "tell" the server what kind of permissions
you allow the user "apache" in order to serve the content of the
directories.

Look at the example below and I hope that will give you some more
indication:

 <VirtualHost *>
     ServerAdmin root@mysite.ca
     DocumentRoot /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/
     ServerName mysite.mydomain.ca
     ErrorLog /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/logs/error_log
     CustomLog /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/access_log common
   <Directory /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html>
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride all
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
   </Directory>
     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/cgi-bin/"
   <Directory /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/cgi-bin>
	  Options -Indexes +ExecCGI
        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
   </Directory>
 </VirtualHost>

If you need help with what each command gives in the Directory directives,
please read the manual, didn't find it in the manual? Contact us!

All the best,
Jeff Cohen