httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph Loegering" <JosephLoeger...@kc.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with virtual hosting
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:02:30 GMT
Hi!
I am looking for a Webmail, POP, and SMPT server that I can set up and use
with Apache 2.044. Maybe you know where I can download some. I have been
trying to install Apache James 2.1.2, but before you can use the "run" file
in the bin on Windows ME, you have to set the Phoenix_Home. But the darn
thing and none of the documents on the web will even give you a clue as to
how or where you can set or configure the Phoenix_Home  or the  Java_Home
either. Maybe you know how to do that instead of another software? I have
been reading all these e-mails looking for a clue as to how to set up an
e-mail server with Apache.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Krisztian Gyoerffy" <krisztian.gyoerffy@selecktra.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 6:54 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Problems with virtual hosting

Hi Nikunj,

thanks for your comments. Now somehow it is working, but not with the
rewrite rule with [P] option (the second note you wrote). With the simple
redirect and rewrite with [R] it is working.

Anyway still I have a minor problem. In both cases where it is working,
after I am connected to the webmail service I get in Internet Explorer in
the address bar the http://yourExternalIP:3000, so it replaces me the alias.
Instead I would like to keep the alias in the address bar, so that
http://yourExternalIP:3000 is hid from the users. And this because of 2
reasons:

- they might get confused, and it doesn't look nice
- I don't want to open this extra port to the Internet, that everyone can
also connect directly to it

So apache should make the forwarding within the machine.

On the other hand, I am still courius, why it is not working with ProxyPass
and ProxyPassReverse? And I also would like to know, why it is not working
also with rewrite [P]?

BTW what is the difference between the rewrite [P] and [R] and simple
redirect?

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Krisztian