httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jey" <j...@rogers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] suEXEC
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:41:53 GMT
Hi,
I am running RedHat 8.0 and Apache 2. I've loaded the suEXEC module but when
I add the command SuexecUserGroup with user 'nobody' and group 'nobody' none
of the scripts run. I get a 500 error.

This is what I need to do:
I have folders in the following structure:
Site 1 (owner is 'site1', part of group 'www'):
/var/www/site1/html/
/var/www/site1/cgi-bin/
Site 2 (owner is 'site2', part of group 'www')::
/var/www/site2/html/
/var/www/site2/cgi-bin/
etc...

Now I want the sites to ONLY have access to files/folders in the html, and
cgi-bin directory through scripts. Do I have to use the SuexecUserGroup
inside each Virtual Host? Not sure what to do.

Help me out!
Thanks,
Jey