httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph Loegering" <JosephLoeger...@kc.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] setting Phoenix_Home enviroment on windows
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 06:34:44 GMT
Hi!
I have installed apache_2.0.44-win32-x86-no_ssl with Loegering.net and
JosephsBusiness.com, and have written a java script "web site editor" for
use on private user sites there. I now want to install james-2.1.2 and
phoenix-4.0.3-bin for e-mail. I placed the "james.sar" file in the Pheonix
"apps" file like it says, but when I run the run file in either the James or
Phoenix bin, it responds. "Warning: PHOENIX_HOME enviroment variable is not
set. This needs to be set for Win9x as it's command prompt scripting bites"

 But I can not find a clue as to "How" or "Where" to set the "PHOENIX_HOME
enviroment variable"

My actual Phoenix Bin Location is "D:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\phoenix-4.0.3\bin"

In the Phoenix.sh file it says "if [ -r "$PHOENIX_HOME"/bin/setenv.sh ];
then
  . "$PHOENIX_HOME"/bin/setenv.sh
fi"
But changing "/bin/" to "D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/phoenix-4.0.3/bin/" in any or all the places where "/bin/" is
mentioned still does not set the "PHOENIX_HOME enviroment variable", nor
does changing the "$PHOENIX_HOME/bin/phoenix.sh run $*" to
"$PHOENIX_HOMED:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/phoenix-4.0.3/bin/phoenix.sh run $*" in the "run.sh" file. So
"How" and Where do I set the "PHOENIX_HOME enviroment variable" for Windows
ME?
And also similarly how and where do I configure Pheonix and or James to find
the "j2re1.4.0" located at ''C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0" on my
computer?
Thanks,
Joseph