httpd-users mailing list archives

From Payal Rathod <rpa...@softhome.net>
Subject [users@httpd] domain on ip
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:58:58 GMT
>> http://1.2.3.4/example OR
>> http://1.2.3.4/~example OR
>> http://1.2.3.4/example.net
>> where 1.2.3.4 is the ip where the domain is hosted. There are many more
>> domains hosted, but I want to allow this facility to this domain only.

>If you only want it for one vhost, you could just make sure its
>configuration appears first in httpd.conf - this will make it the default
>virtualhost, and any unmatched requests will go to it.

Actually, now I feel I may want it for more than 1 domain.

>What you've asked for is also quite simple - you need to use the ServerPath

I read the documentation, but am not sure what exactly to do. Can you give
an example, please?

Assume, I want something like this,
http://1.2.3.4/~example.com
AND
http://1.2.3.4/~one_more.com
etc.

The "~" is not an requirement. It can be anything.

Thanks a lot and waiting for any replies on this.

-Payal

--
"Visit GNU/Linux Success Stories"
www.geocities.com/rpayal99