httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Blume <laurent.bl...@infores.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache vs iis (with its 10 users connection block)
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:45:39 GMT
the problem here is not technical, it's licensing.

Windows 2000 Professionnal license forbids you to use it as a server
system, whatever software you're using.
That's why there are 10 connection max for IIS.

If you install Apache on a Windows 2000 Pro system and use it as a
server, you're breaching your contract with MicrosofT.
You have to use a Windows 2000 Server for that.

Laurent

--
   IRI-Secodip                  www.infores.com
   4, rue André Derain          mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com