httpd-users mailing list archives

From "O┬┤Hehir,Oliver" <Oliver.OHe...@tre.se>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache 2 proxy authentication
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:44:08 GMT
Try the following in your httpd.conf file. Note you must have mod_proxy.c in your Apache installation
(you can check this by looking to see if it is in the list you get with command "httpd -l").

#
# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On
ProxyPass /webApp/ http://backendServer:8080/webApp/
ProxyPassReverse /webApp/ http://backendServer:8080/webApp/

<Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Password Required"
    AuthUserFile password.file
    AuthGroupFile group.file
    Require group usergroup
</Proxy>

</IfModule>

The password.file and group.file lies under installation dir for apache, e.g. /opt/apache.
Use "htpasswd" command to create the file and add users. The users can then be grouped into
groups. This is a plain text file, which you can create and edited directly without commands.
So in the above example, "usergroup" is a group defined and assigned users in this file.

Hope this helps,
Oliver.