httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache vs iis (with its 10 users connection block)
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:52:14 GMT

Apache will run happily on win2k and can certainly serve up any type of
web content with no arbitrary limits on no. of clients etc. The only
snag might be with your "active page". In what way is it active? Does it
contain Microsoft ASP code? If so, apache-out-of-the-box will not parse
this. But there are a couple of workarounds:

- buy the commercial Chilisoft package which allows apache to process
MS-ASP.
- Convert the MS-ASP code to an open source alternative (e.g.
apache-ASP, embed-Perl, PHP) and install the apache module required to
handle this.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>greetz!