httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache vs iis (with its 10 users connection block)
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:00:51 GMT

I've no doubt this is correct, but doesn't it just show how crazy and
intrusive the MS "licensing" scheme is? What right does anyone have to
tell you what you can use your computer for? The only thing I can think
of is that MS do not trust their OS to operate successfully in a server
environment, which says rather a lot...

In any case, how can they enforce it? Your webserver doesn't have to
tell the world what OS it's running or what licensing agreement you
might have or not have with whoever. Nor does the OS know how many
clients apache is serving.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Laurent