httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michele Albrigo <ind...@omega.sci.univr.it>
Subject [users@httpd] Users' pages
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:50:13 GMT
Hi all,
I've got a quite complex question to ask.
I'm running a webserver inside a University Network. Since our
administrators shut down the webserver on the main server, students are
now unable to publish their homepages. My webserver can mount via NFS
their public_htmls and can access their auth informations via LDAP (in
case this might be useful).

Now the question: how could I make all the students' home pages accessible
through my webserver? I'd like to see something like
http://myserver/~userid, but I wouldn't like to share all users with the
main server. A possible answer could be something like
http://myserver/userid and a LOT of directory aliases, but I wouldn't like
to solve the problem this way, neither via an automated script to generate
all the aliases, nor by adding all of them by hand.

After solving this problem, since my webserver is inside a Computer
Science department, with lots of funny guys trying to play with others'
servers, I'd like to disable ALL kind of scriptings (CGI, PHP, ServerSide
Includes, etc.) for their web pages. Note that my server must be able to
run PHP scripts and will support Zope as a CGI, so I'd need a safe and
nice way to disable any-possible-code-execution inside some specified
directory...

Any suggestion will be appreciated :)
Thank you in advance
Michele Albrigo