httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Uninstall Apache
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:11:01 GMT

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Jeremy Whitlock wrote:

> Apache List,
>                 I just installed Apache and I didn't include all of the
> modules.  I would like to uninstall and do a fresh install.  Can someone
> tell me how to uninstall?  I have version 2.0.44.  I have tried "make
> uninstall" "make remove" "make erase" but none of those seem to work.
> Any ideas?  Thanks,

It depends on how you installed it.  If you just did "configure; make;
make install" then you can remove it simply with
rm -rf /usr/local/apache2
(and remove any reference in your OS startup scripts).
Note this will also remove any webpages and configuration files, so you
may want to copy those someplace else first.

Joshua.