httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krisztian Gyoerffy" <krisztian.gyoer...@selecktra.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with virtual hosting
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:54:21 GMT
Hi Nikunj,

thanks for your comments. Now somehow it is working, but not with the rewrite rule with [P]
option (the second note you wrote). With the simple redirect and rewrite with [R] it is working.

Anyway still I have a minor problem. In both cases where it is working, after I am connected
to the webmail service I get in Internet Explorer in the address bar the http://yourExternalIP:3000,
so it replaces me the alias. Instead I would like to keep the alias in the address bar, so
that http://yourExternalIP:3000 is hid from the users. And this because of 2 reasons:

- they might get confused, and it doesn't look nice
- I don't want to open this extra port to the Internet, that everyone can also connect directly
to it

So apache should make the forwarding within the machine.

On the other hand, I am still courius, why it is not working with ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse?
And I also would like to know, why it is not working also with rewrite [P]?

BTW what is the difference between the rewrite [P] and [R] and simple redirect?

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Krisztian