httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrea Shackelford" <ashackelf...@astate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Someone, Anyone, Please Help Me!!!!
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 00:32:12 GMT
Good day all,

I just signed up.  I am new to the Apache world and need some serious
help.  I have been searching my brains out and still can not seem to
find the answer to my problem.  I am using Apache 1.3.26 on SuSE Linux.
One of my websites received a 500 internal server error message.  I
contacted someone and he suggested that I reboot the server.  I was told
to enter the command shutdown now.  Having done that, now when I enter
the information on the website, I receive a message stating "Cannot find
server or DNS Error".  I know that this may be a stupid question, but I
do not know what to do.  I was basically told to figure it out for
myself.  I am not sure if the system came back up properly or if
shutting down and restarting was the right thing to do.  Now when I go
back on the server, I can not enter anything.  It is like my keyboard is
not being recognized. If anyone can assist me in any way, I would really
appreciate it. I am still researching to see what I can find.  Thanking
you in advance for your assistance in this matter. This is a copy of the
message that was received after the server was restarted.

Setting up the CMOS clock
Starting Idconfig (setting up /etc/ld/so.cache)
Setting up timezone data
Setting up lopback device
Setting up hostname
Mount SHM FS on /dev/shm
Running /etc/init.d/boot/local
Creating /var/log/boot.msg
Disabling IP forwarding
INIT: Entering runlevel:  3
Boot Logging started on /dev/tty1(/dev/console) at Tue Apr 8 2003
Master Resource Control: previous runlevel: N, switching to runlevel:
3
Initializing random number generator
Setting up network device eth0
Setting up routing (using /etc/route.conf)
Starting SSH daemon
Starting syslog services
Starting RPC portmap daemon
Starting service at daemon
Setting up console ttys
Starting name service cache daemon
Starting CRON daemon
Starting console mouse support (gpm):
Starting inetd
Master Resource Control: runlevel 3 has been reached

Then the logon is requested, the cursor is blinking, but I can not enter
anything.