httpd-users mailing list archives

From Future Shock Business Solutions <futuresh...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi-bin doesn't work in Apache 2.0.45
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 02:00:27 GMT

The shebang line is the very first/top line in a perl script.
It tells in the script where to find the perl interpreter on your system.

I would try this:

#!D:/perl/bin/perl.exe

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello, World.";

In going to your web page, I got the Internal Server Error, but in the
server signature I didn't see Perl listed (doesn't necessarily have to be),
which leads me to suspect that you don't have Perl installed but you stated
previously that you do. If the above shebang line does not work, just do a
find file on perl.exe and put that in your shebang line (e.g.,
#!D:/path/to/perl.exe). Also, make sure that that line is at the very top of
the script, with nothing before it.

Keep checking the error logs as you did for the error returned.

Hope that helps.

--
Eric
Future Shock Business Solutions