httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Doumani" <fug...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Hosing me up
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:16:29 GMT
Thank you for the replies Tom, Josh, and Girish.

I believe that the problem stems from the fact that domain2.com - registered
less than 48 hours ago - has not propogated throughout the Internet world.
That's what my domain registrar tells me as well. I will give it another day
and see if this problem resolves itself.

Returning the peace,

John
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mystery Admin" <mysteryadmin@whatfantasiesmaycome.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 6:47 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Hosing me up

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 at 04:09:48, John Doumani wrote:

> Pinging
> www.domain2.com gets an unknown host error. I have double-checked with my
> domain manager to make sure that the domain is properly mapped to the same
> IP address.
>
> Any ideas why one domain would work but not the other?

If you use the command line "ping" to ping www.domain2.com and you get
unknown
host errors, there is a problem with how domain2.com is registered.  This is
an
IP oriented problem and NOT an Apache problem.

Use the "nslookup {domain2.com}" command to see what the IP address is of
domain2.com.  If you send me e-mail offline, I can help you with this
(researching the domain problem) a bit more.

Once you can ping www.domain2.com, you should be able to access that virtual
host ok.

Peace....

Tom