httpd-users mailing list archives

From Wes Hegge <whe...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] shutting down: <OS 10048>
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:35:45 GMT
I have a similar problem with Apache 2.0.40, so I suspect my solution
should work for you.  All I did was remark out the 'listen' statement in
my httpd.conf file.  I am running on RedHat 8.0. I have not setup Apache
on a Windows based system before but the directive should be the same.

I have not got a good answer as to why this works.  I believe that
Apache 2.0 automatically starts up on port 80 with localhost or
127.0.0.1.  Not sure though on that.

Hope this helps,

Wes Hegge
SignalBlast.Com, Inc.