httpd-users mailing list archives

From Garth Winter Webb <ga...@perijove.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HUGE Data Elements
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:10:16 GMT
On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 09:37, Hari Om wrote:

> What is the BEST Possible way to STORE and HOLD this DATA till last section
> is displayed....?
>
> I have thought have 2 options - do not know if there is better options than
> these:
> 1) Create SESSION Variables for each of these 400 Variables. (will it be an
> issue if I have 400 Session Variable...?)

Whatever language you are using to process this data undoubtedly has
arrays or associative arrays / hashes.  Don't create 400 variables.
Create one session variable that references an array or hash data
structure.

> 2)Using JavaScript to store these DATA till last screen is displayed and
> user clicks on the SUBMIT Button.

I would advise against using javascript to do this.

--
Garth Winter Webb <garth@perijove.com>