httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Ardis <aard...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy issue with v.1.3.27 on Solaris 7
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:13:33 GMT
Hello,

Recap of problem:

I'm attempting to close off open proxy of my site to
specific servers only, and I'm having an issue where I
cannot properly deny sites.  I've gone through the
mod_access and mod_proxy docs on apache.org, and also
tried alt.apache.configuration.  I'm hopeful someone
here sees what the problem could be, or could lead me
to more questions.  I'm running apache 1.3.27 compiled
with openssl 0.9.7 on solaris 7.

This is the section in my httpd.conf for my proxy:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On
<Directory proxy:*>
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from mydomain.com outsidedomain.com
10.128.27.18
</Directory>
</IfModule>

This does allow the site to proxy the domains/ip in
the allow from section, but I'm not getting the deny.
I've also tried to switch around to Order Allow,Deny
and the 2 lines below, but that did not work either.
I've also changed my Allow from line to just one
domain to check if my spacing was the problem by
chance, or that I had IP and domain names mixed.

What I'm looking for is a lead on what I could
potentially be doing wrong.  Maybe I didn't build the
apache version correctly?  mod_proxy and mod_access
are loaded, and the page functions properly on all
other levels.

As a note, I previously had the server set up with
stronghold 3.0/apache 1.3.12 with the proxy section as
above, and it did block out the proxy requests I
didn't want.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not
getting anywhere with the trial and error tactics I've
been trying.  I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Adam