httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy D. Weiss" <jdwe...@chanweiss.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] strange hits being logged -Worm?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 00:25:21 GMT
At 04:41 PM 04/08/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have recently started seeing these lines of code repeated in my log files
>for each virtual host. Is this a worm or some other attack on my server?
>
>If so, what is the best way to protect the server from attack?

all of the attacks listed (which I have snipped for readability's sake) are
of the nimda/code red variety.  Assuming you are running Apache (what with
posting to this list, and all :) there is absolutely nothing you need to
do, to be protected... only IIS is vulnerable to those attacks.

Question to the list in general: I know there are FAQs on Apache's site,
might this be added to them?  There seem to have been a LOT of question
about it, recently...

==Jeremy