httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy D. Weiss" <jdwe...@chanweiss.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] public_html problem
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:29:28 GMT
At 12:54 PM 04/19/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Changed the permissions to 755 and still no-go. Something else is whacked
>out...
> > >
> > >My config is as follows:
> > ><IfModule mod_userdir.c>
> > >     UserDir enabled myname
> > >     UserDir public_html
> > ></IfModule>

I looked through my own httpd.conf file.  What version of Apache are you
running? I'm using 2.0.45 (and, previously, with a largely-unchanged conf
2.0.39) and have only the line
"UserDir public_html".   I'm guessing this means two things:
1) I assume mod_userdir is installed
2) The first UserDir line you have (UserDir enabled myname) is confusing
Apache.

I can't recall ever having such a line, and as such, think it may very well
be the problem.  Try removing/commenting it out, and see what happens.

==Jeremy