httpd-users mailing list archives

From gjmwa...@netscape.net (George Walsh)
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts; document root as seenfromalocaluser account and from the internet
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 21:13:49 GMT
Hi, Lee!

Well, at the very least I can now see, logically, why the outside world is not aligned with
the inside world!

By the way, I was interested to learn you are in Vermont. 'Though I have been in British Columbia
for over 30 years, I was born in Montreal, went to McGill, drove extensively through Vermont
and New Hampshire, and well remember my aunt having a farmhouse getaway near a little village
called Milton. Great memories, all in all.

Thanks again for 'being there'.

"George"

>On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 14:49, George Walsh wrote:
>
>> That means I am left with the need to interfere with incoming traffic
>> and redirect it to the correct IP. I assume this is possible. I see lots
>> of references to such rewriting but have never attempted to use it.
>>
>> Am I on the right track here?
>>

>  Others can probably help you better with that then I can.  If the
>  router/firewall system you are using is only able to do port forwarding,
>  no NAT ability to inside machines, then it sounds right.  You could
>  go to name-based virtual hosts if you do not need SSL support.  Another
>  possibility would be proxying to the proper host.
>
>  Sounds like you have a good handle on it.
>
>--
>Lee Fellows <lfellows@4lane.com>

George Walsh,
Managing Director,